Friday, October 24, 2008

Week 9 Readings

An Introduction to XML

So, what exactly is XML? A mark up language, okay, but do you use it to write webpages? Or open documents online?

This article is really dense, and I'm having a really hard time getting through it. The author doesn't explain what he's talking about, so this introduction requires an even more basic introduction.

A Survey of XML Standards, pt 1

I can already tell that this will be another one that is difficult to follow. My eyes start to glaze over when the articles get too technical.

Extending Your Markup

This reading makes XML a little more accessible, but I am still having a hard time grasping the concept. There's just a lot of jargon involved that I don't understand, and that no one is really taking the time to explain.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I totally agree with you about all the jargon involved here... even the explanations, though, need explanations!